The Italian Institute of Quick Frozen Food (IIAS) was founded in 1963 on the initiative of the most important frozen food industries operating in Italy. Its aim is keeping consumers informed on freezing, preservation distribution techniques, thus protecting and enhancing the image of frozen foods and promoting their consumption.
IIAS is part of the Unione Italiana Food, which has about 30 member companies in the frozen food sector.
The Italian Institute of Quick Frozen Food:
- discloses, through media, news useful for a better knowledge on advantages offered from quick frozen products;
- promotes conferences and attends the events for a better food costume, assists the educational works of national institutions, schools, scientific institutions;
- promotes research and development projects on freezing techniques;
- issues specific “Recommendations” as guidelines for operators involved on production, logistics and distribution;
- elaborates an annual Report on QFF consumption in Italy;
- realizes publications, paper and video visual materials on QFF world.
- collaborates with national institutions on issuing of specific rules and maintains relationship with corresponding international institutes.